Photo:Youtube-Advanced Circulatory. All rights reserved.
Manual and mechanical CPR like ResQCPR has transformed remarkably through the years. With survival rate among cardiac arrest victims as the primary concern, the use of the latest state of the arts gadgets is a must. Through the years, the number of mechanical devices comes and goes. Each product claim to be the best and the most efficient answer to the need to save lives. New in the market is ResQCPR. It will totally make responders look at the gadget as essential in their daily rescue jobs.
Through the years
The beginnings of CPR traced its roots in the sixties when medical personnel was trained to provide resuscitating procedures prior to cardiac arrest victims’ transfer to a medical facility. Despite the many changes in the process, it never came close to narrowing the high death rate among heart attack victims.Through the years, CPR administration has changed in how responders deliver, all for increasing survival among stroke victims. What marks like a concern is the ability of manual CPR eject enough force to propel blood to the heart and eventually to the brain. It is critical because it determines survival, as well as recovery after hospital care has been sought. This particular attention is mandatory as studies reveal that the use of manual CPR is still wanting as far as saving lives is concerned.
Is Manual CPR, not Enough?
It makes a lot of observers wonder.Why was there a need for mechanical life-saving devices like ResQCPR? Why were they thought of and considered in the first place? What was wrong with the traditional CPR that we received earlier on? Some in the recall are:
- The practice that had one counting from hundreds to thousands backward to guide compressions.
- A right over the left-hand placement for stronger force followed.
- All the CPR mechanics became cumbersome when the rescuer who has a bigger frame came and used just one hand.
- The formalities of asking if the offer of help is okay is another.
- A palm of the hand rests between the rib cages to make sure it is the sternum adds to the variations in the delivery of manual CPR that eventually creates confusion,
The consistency of training and implementation although very vital leaves room for slowing down in administering CPR. It is critical after the victim’s heart falls ill. Time for something that answers to accuracy.
The skepticism over manual CPR
There are contrary thoughts in using manual CPR based on the following:
- Rescuers are prone to fatigue.
- The ability to multi-task might hinder timely and accurate CPR administration.
- The location where CPR is administered can put limitations on what a responder can not do.
- Variations in technique.
- Interruptions during transfer and positioning victims for CPR.
Factors that affect quality CPR
- Responders take note of the following while performing CPR: how deep the compressions are.
- Frequency of off the chest intervals
- The immediate use of defibrillation for support
- Interruptions in the CPR delivery like not enough room, onlookers and family getting in the way
- The consistency method of performing compressions,
- The force of the hand on victim’s chest that is vital in inducing the flow of blood to the heart and eventually to the human brain
- The accuracy of depth and rate
Despite the precision and accuracy attached to mechanical rescue devices, the cost is the biggest concern,.They come at hefty prices. Some parts of the mechanical devices are for one-time use only. It makes them under high maintenance for responder’s gadget.
ResQCPR stands out
The gadget has a series of trials that proved its effectivity for out of hospital heart failure victims, ResQCPR underwent a trial period via its ResQTrial that came out with significant findings. Specifically, the following are noted:
- Increased survival of out of hospital cardiac arrest victims by 49 %
- The use two of the company’s gadgets ( Advanced Circulatory Systems and the Intrathoracic Pressure Regulation ) that are likewise newly introduced in January of this year.
- ResQCPR uses its Pump Active Compression Decompression Device and ResQPod 16.0 Impedance Threshold Device. In synchrony, it allows for blood flow to the heart that eventually pumps the supply of oxygenated blood to the human brain and major body organs.
ResQCPR has just come out in the market. Already, it is entertaining in saving lives among out of hospital cardiac arrest victims. What makes the device worth trying is there is no room for failure or positive results wanting. It is used in synchrony with the other gadgets that the manufacturers introduced in the market recently.