ResQCPR, State of the Arts Responder’s Partner Hits the Market
Cardiac arrest is a shutdown of blood flow to the human heart due to blockage. It prevents oxygenated blood from passing through the brain and other body organs.It presents when an obstruction in the human heart halts blood supply to the brain and vital body parts after it fails to function. CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation ) is urgent. Experts acknowledge that a delay in administering CPR more than twelve minutes can:
- Cause a dramatic effect on the brain functions
- Result in complications that can lead to a slow recovery and worst death.
- Signal the need to pump blood to .the brain and the other vital human organs
- Command a speedy responder’s action that is immediate.
Results from studies suggest that manual CPR, in most cases does not do much to increase the survival rate in out of hospital heart victims.
Out of the hospital, cardiac arrest or stroke is the leading killer in the North East, Europe, Asia – and Australia per report released worldwide. The urgency to use mechanical devices is a must. It answers:
A need for efficient and accurate compressions.
- The must synchronize depth, rate, and a number of compressions.
- The necessity to maintain the supply of blood in the human brain before hospital care becomes available.
ResQCPR, the latest in the mechanical life-saving technology, made its presence in the world market in the first week of March 2015. It commits to a practical device that augers the need for immediate, precise, and accurate delivery of CPR to out of the hospital cardiac arrest cases. Approved by the US FDA, it vows to curve the rate of mortality among out of hospital cardiac victims.
The traditional approach to CPR
When someone suffers a heart attract, the following are typical scenarios:
- Brain functions and other vital organs of the human body shut down
- Oxygen depletion occurs
- Responders do compressions manually on the victim’s chest to maintain the heart beat.
- In the process, oxygen helps the blood flow to the heart to regain function
- Respiration may or may not start
- The immediate use of defibrillation gadget follows.
However, studies state that the survival rate among out of the hospital cardiac arrest victims could have probably increased if a device were used to work on the heart. A mechanical gadget that can deliver the right force and compressions needed to restart the heart is probably just the thing needed to prevent loss of lives.
The ResQCPR method defined
ResQCPR is a dual device. It works to deliver optimum CPR to out of hospital cardiac arrest incidents. Both parts, when properly used, increases the survival rate of heart failure victims that the ordinary manual CPR fails to deliver. Per tests, conducted, the use of ResQCPR carries a year of survival rate among victims. It is a powerful tool for first responders (EMT’s) administering CPR to out of hospital cardiac arrest victims.The gadget comes in two separate parts working together in the resuscitation process. It is found efficient CPR method for out of hospital non-traumatic cardiac arrest incidents.
The Machine at Work
- Res Pump Active Compression Decompression Device
This consists of a double grip handle, a suction cup, and a gauge. The dual grip handle is attached to the victim’s chest. Compressions are then applied to the suction cup and is lifted for decompressions.The pressure gauge, a timing mechanism, guides the rescuer to the right amount of force, depth, and rate of compressions.
- ResQPod16.0 Impedance Threshold Device.- this is made up of a rescue mask or a tube. This part of the gadget works during the decompression done by the pump by holding the flow of air into the victim’s chest allowing for more blood that is from the heart to the other vital organs.
The rationale behind ResQCPR
The use of ResCUE CPR as a responder’s device augments the chances of survival among cardiac arrest victims in out of the hospital setting. In its use, the following is noted:
The essence of accuracy, timing, depth, rate and number of compressions that the manually administered CPR is not able to deliver.
- Blood flow is critical in cardiac arrest patients.
- No delay in the use of ResQCPR will mean an immediate rescue to complications that lead to a significant reduction in hospital non-recovery or eventual mortality.
- It is accurate to use stabilizes the victim while the responders prepare the patient for a more advanced rescue process.
- The use of a defibrillator after the rescue is initiated adds to the success.
While the responder’s job is crucial in the survival rate for out of hospital heart attack victims, there are factors that are significant to the success of the rescue job. The essence of the time when heart failure occurs and the immediacy of the response action are critical to the success in the use of ResQCPR. Research show that the 12 minutes after initiating its use determine success. It is also imperative that community systems are activated so help can be coordinated to increase survival rate. This includes but not limited to hospital admission. The main point is once the victim’s heart stops beating, ResQCPR, like the ordinary manual CPR should commence right away.
ResQCPR, the newest state of the arts in CPR mechanical gadget engages to a seal of an increased survival rate for out of hospital cardiac arrest victims.
Texts: AOMURPHY USA 2015. Photo used is from Youtube-Advanced Circulatory.